I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. ~John Muir, 1913, in L.M. Wolfe, ed., John Muir, John of the Mountains: The Unpublished Journals of John Muir, 1938

4/7/11

WE ARE SWELL TREES

As I said before, I like to start my blog as if we were already in the middle of a conversation....

So, in order to keep my life together I make lists, I make lists for everything!. I make lists about things to pack for a vacation, things I need to do at work, things I need to buy, lists of movies to see, of books to read, of words to learn. If I don’t have my lists I go ‘mad’! (but in case you haven’t noticed I am already mad!). I make little squares on the left side of each scribble, and then cross them out as I am done with them. They work marvelously!.

I also like acrostics. They are a pretty awesome way to remember things to do…specially with my ADD and all…

So I came up with my EVERY DAY discipline list. The things that I remember to do every day. Then I thought…why not make it an acrostic. So since I like the Ocean and I also like the Trees, and I also like words, and I can use words in different ways and different meanings, I came up with:

WE ARE SWELL TREES.

So…to remember my Every day TO DO list here it is:

Write a journal: a strong and awesome way to get to know myself. Include also my Gratitude journal.

Exercise: My body, my mind, my soul. Running, surfing, hiking, diving, laughing?, yoga, these are all included here.



Awareness: Of my surroundings, of the Sun and the Moon, people, nature, recycling, of my words, of the World.

Read: Enjoy and comprehend what I read. The brain is a muscle that needs to be used; reading is the greatest food for the brain. Me loves to read in other languages too!

Eat Healthy: My body is a temple. I must remember I only have the one given to me in this life time, can’t return it, exchange it or re-grow it. darn!



Smile: Smile because I can cry, cry because I can smile and then smile about the fact that I can do either or.

Work: My every day distraction. Enjoy it, welcome it, and be grateful I have it.

Educate my mind. Absorb good teachings, good energy, comprehend and digest what I can.

Love: Love me, love people, love nature, love life, in no particular order.

Listen to Learn something new. A big challenge for me! LISTEN to LEARN! Every day I learn something new.



Talk: That’s an easy one for me, but the challenge is to 'think' before I speak. Express myself! be grateful I have a voice! a strong voice!.

Replenish my spiritual energy: Meditate, connect with the Divine Source, with God, with Jesus, with Brahma, with Buddha, with Mohamed, with Nature… to remind myself ‘They’ are ALWAYS connected and a part of me.

Erase the Chatter: The chatter box, the negative thoughts of my mind need to stay away; it’s not easy but if I do it everyday, I just might be able to keep them down to a minimum, with them fade away illnesses and addictions.

Enjoy every moment: Do not think of the future, do not dwell on the past, enjoy the now.

Sleep Well: For the brain to function, sleep well. We have 60,000 thoughts a day (yikes!), we need a little break.


Then finally, I remember my word of the year. I picked Simplicity. I think my acrostic as long as it is. Is simple enough for me to remember and if I practice it well, I just might memorize it someday.

For now, now my lunch is over so I must go back to work.

Namaste

1 comment: